Westminster residents can sign up to a collective Energy Switching Scheme to find out if they can reduce their energy bills by switching providers.
Many people are experiencing large increases in their energy bills. Estimates are that, on average, annual bills have increased by £90 over the last twelve months. At the same time, figures show that there has been a gradual decline in the number of households switching supplier.
So Westminster has joined the Big Community Switch along with many other local authorities around the country. By encouraging local residents to join a collective the council can ask energy companies to bid for their business so that their residents can get a better deal. All switching payments (max £10) received by the council from the energy company will be reinvested back into community projects.
To sign up:
- Visit: www.westminster.gov.uk/energyswitch
- Provide your name, address and most recent energy bill.
- There is no cost, it is completely free to sign up and there is no obligation to switch providers.
- The deadline is 11.59pm on Sunday 7th April 2013
- There is a phone line for people without internet access: 020 7641 4477. Using this phone line means all correspondence will be done through the post.
- Alternatively residents can use a computer in any of Westminster libraries or visit Your One Stop Express kiosk.