Westminster Fairer Housing Conference
April 11th 2017, 7pm-10pm. (doors from 6.30pm)
Stowe Centre, 258 Harrow Road, W2 5ES. (near Royal Oak tube)
- Karen Buck MP, Westminster North
- Tom Copley AM, Labour GLA Housing Spokesperson
- Joanna Kennedy, former Chief Executive of Zacchaeus 2000 Trust (Z2K)
- Steve Hilditch, Red Brick Blog
- Heather Spur, Policy and Campaigns, Shelter
- Genesis Residents
- Andy Watson, Chief Executive, Walterton and Elgin Community Homes (WECH)
- Cllr Adam Hug, Leader, Westminster Labour Group
- Cllr Tim Roca, Labour Shadow Cabinet Member for Housing
Further speakers to be confirmed shortly!
The Westminster Fairer Housing Conference, supported by Karen Buck MP and Westminster Labour Group, is a public meeting for anyone interested in the finding out about how to tackle the housing crisis in Westminster and beyond.
The event will look the lack of social and genuinely affordable house building, Westminster’s unfair homelessness policies, the pressures facing truly independent resident representation, the closure of estate offices, what government policy means for rents and repairs, the lack of proper regulation on standards and rents in the private rented sector and lots of other housing issues that matter to local people.
The event is free and open to all.
Refreshments will be served